You learn something new every day.

Of a more serious nature, but still just as good.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Some Good Links...

A friend of mine today noticed that I was reading that article from my last blog, and she asked if she could read it. I handed it over and she read it and thought about it and asked my opinion on some things. She then asked if I knew anyone who was LDS who was gay. I responded that I do, and we talked a bit about it. She said that an LDS friend of hers recently told her he was gay, and she was really worried about him because he's having a hard time with it. I talked to her about my experience with learning about SSA and different things I had come across. I gave her a couple of things to read that I thought were very informative and helpful, and I've decided to post them here.

First, the Church has that interview with Dallin H. Oaks and Lance Wickman. I can't say that I enjoyed the entire article, but it's probably the most information on SSA that the Church has published, and it lays out the Church's stance on the matter. It also has some clickable links to other information, which can be helpful. The link to the interview is:

http://www.lds.org/newsroom/issues/answer/0,19491,6056-1-202-4-202,00.html

Next, I read an article that was in the Salt Lake Tribune about an LDS man who is gay and married, and I really liked reading about his experience, as well as the experiences of a few other people. The link is:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4136232

The other resource I mentioned to my friend was the book "In Quiet Desparation." I haven't read it yet (the darn US Postal Service is soooo slow!!) but I have heard it is very insightful and quite amazing.

3 Comments:

Blogger AttemptingthePath said...

I have an extra copy at my house that I let people borrow, if you want it, let me know! :-)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

There are actually many other resources and a number of opinions available on the subject. I love the fact that "we" were mentioned in General Conference. I love that fact that in my stake the taboo is about to be lifted. I love the fact that you're trying to learn about something difficult to understand, and you're doing so out of love, more than curiosity.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep She is My Friend! Samantha...My Stephalump is pretty much amazing.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home