You learn something new every day.

Of a more serious nature, but still just as good.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ups and Downs

A bunch of us went to IHOP last night and had a bunch of french toast, and even more laughs. At the end we exchanged digits so we can "play" again in the future. I had a blast, and Attempting the Path was especially entertaining seeing as how he laughed really hard at everything. We're pretty much bff's now.

So I woke up this morning pretty cheerful, and I lazed about, talked to some people, and went to the football game. I left early because we were whomping on SDSU and it was getting boring.

I've been in a wonderful mood since, talking to people and reading. And then I checked my myspace. My friend's dad just passed away and they are having a funeral for him today. How did this happen? A month ago I was saying goodbye to this family as I left for school. I worked with him during the summer. This is going to be really hard on their family, both emotionally and financially.

I was thinking about it, and I suddenly realized how mortal we really are. What if it had been my dad? This man seemed healthy, and just had a heart attack one day. He wasn't even very old.

It really makes me grateful to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, to know that it will be all right and that this life isn't the end. But what about people who don't know that? How are they comforted?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home