You learn something new every day.

Of a more serious nature, but still just as good.

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Carol Lynn books

I've sort of neglected this blog. My last post was almost exactly a month ago. And it's not because I didn't have anything to say. On the contrary, I had a lot to say. But I'm not going to post all of it.

What I really wanted to post about is the Carol Lynn Pearson books "Goodbye, I Love You" and "No More Goodbyes."

The first is her story. She tells of her homosexual husband and their experiences. I admit that I cried at the end. It was an amazing story. I recommend it to anyone. Really.

The second book made me really rethink a lot of my opinions. It was very informational, although there was bias on the author's part for obvious reasons. I didn't agree with all of her opinions, nor am I as liberal as she is, but it was good nonetheless. I honestly learned a lot. Some of my opinions were solidified, some I have yet to tie down.

The Native has been most helpful as well. I've been able to ask him very personal questions and have learned a lot from his answers. I'm forever grateful for him, and that he feels comfortable enough to confide in me.

I don't really want to go into detail about the books. I wouldn't even know where to begin. But reading them was a wonderful learning experience. And I'm sure I'll continue to learn.

In the mean time, I love you all, gay or straight. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nichole said...

I actually haven't read No More Goodbyes yet, but I loved Goodbye, I love you. Have you ever read Born that Way? I LOVED how insightful that book was. Erin Eldridge is an incredible woman who wrote about her struggle with SSA. That book opened my eyes. So yeah, we should chat sometime. I have just recently learned that three of my best guy friends struggle with this challenge and this is all in the last month. I am learning a whole bunch and I am very grateful for it. Thanks for your comment!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home