You learn something new every day.

Of a more serious nature, but still just as good.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

self therapy

I don't have very much faith in my friends. It's really sad, and sort of pathetic actually.

If you are my friend, I will believe it as long as we are in contact very often. I expect my friends to call/email/contact me in some way without me instigating it. If they don't--if I am the only doing all the work, or if neither of us is doing any work--I fear that they aren't my friends. I honestly let myself believe that I was annoying enough to make them run away.

It's stupid really. I let myself think someone isn't my friend anymore because they don't call me. And then they call and I feel really dumb and do the whole facepalm+"d'oh!!" thing. I never learn.

And it happens with almost everyone. There are only a few people with whom it doesn't happen, and I have no idea why.

This certainly doesn't mean you all should call me more often so that I feel like I have friends. What this means is that I need to have a little more faith in others and in myself.

*sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger drex said...

Sad! The problem with that is that some people aren't very social and could even be termed antisocial, meaning that we avoid social get-togethers whenever possible. Part of that is that we're not comfortable initiating social contact, and are content to sit alone in our apartments reading a book. Lots of us are okay with going out and doing things with friends, too, but it would never occur to us to start it - not that we don't like our friends, but that it's just not the way we roll by default.

The only reason I'm more social and outgoing now is because I've decided that I enjoy my friends on a different level now, and that it's worth it to reach out and start everything because I like being with them and I know if I don't start it, no one will. :P

10:33 AM  
Blogger salad said...

if i had your phone number i would call you RIGHT NOW! apparently we're doing dinner at our house tomorrow and you're welcome to come if you would like. drop me an email if you want to come.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Don't ever doubt me being your friend! I think you're totally cool and there's nothing you could do to drive me away! Sorry if I don't instigate the conversation very often though... please don't take it the wrong way. I still love you!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Stephalumpagus said...

Haha Brady I love you too.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home